ECF are increasingly called upon to undertake environmental reviews or audits for a variety of purposes including:
- Compliance with Fiji`s Environmental Management Act or Native Land Lease Conditions;
- Codes of Best Practice;
- Forest Stewardship Council Certification Audit;
- Conformance with the Equator Principles; and,
- Pre-purchase Screening and/or Due Diligence.
A major five stage environmental review of Shell (Fiji) Ltd.`s Vuda Operation was carried out between 1996-98.
Dick Watling is a lead auditor for Forest Stewardship Council certification with audits undertaken in Fiji (Fiji Hardwoods and Fiji Pine), Indonesia, Papua New Guinea and Lao PDR.
Some of the many environmental reviews and audits completed or participated in by ECF include:
- 2014 Pre-purchase site contamination analysis for an industrial site in Walu Bay, Suva
- 2011 Site Audit of Resene Ltd’s Wailada Factory for compliance with ‘Environmental Choice New Zealand’.
- 2010 ISO 14000 – Assistance for compliance and certification – Total (Fiji) Ltd.
- 2010 Environment Review contributing to a Report supporting the listing of Vatukoula Gold Mines Ltd. on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- 2008 Pre-purchase Due Diligence of four resort sites in the Yasawa Islands for a Hong Kong based `tourism-site land bank`;
- 2005 Pre-purchase Due Diligence environment review of the Hideaway Resort for an American purchaser;
- 2003 Site Evaluation for the American Embassy
- 2002 Site Screening for 3 chicken rearing sheds