Foreshore erosion and coastal damage from cyclones are prevalent throughout the developed coastlines of the Fiji group and there are few, if any, coastal resorts which do not have foreshore engineering or erosion problems.
Resorts and foreshore developments routinely require construction at the land-foreshore interface and there is a litany of inappropriate engineering and expensive error to be seen on Fiji’s coastlines as a result of poor advice.
Environment Consultants Fiji works with a proven combination of international and national specialists to ensure that the very best and most cost-effective advice can be provided. We have together built up an extensive local database as well as a growing list of successful interventions or advice for resort/facility design.
Some of the many coastal processes assessments and development feasibility studies completed by ECF and its associates include:
- 2010 EIA of Foreshore Works and Reclamation at Outrigger on the Lagoon, Korotogo, Nadroga
- 2010 Coastal Processes Assessment for Savusavu Bay Estates Development, Savusavu Bay Estates Ltd.
- 2010 Coastal processes assessment for proposed Bauxite loading facility at Bekana, Bua, Aurum Exploration (Fiji) Ltd.
- 2009 Preliminary Coastal Processes Assessment, Proposed Foreshore Works and Reclamation at Outrigger On The Lagoon, Korotogo, Hillview Limited.
- 2006 Coastal Processes Assessment of the Ocean Pacific (Caudua Point) integrated resort development, Nabukavesi, Namosi
- 2007 Coastal Processes Assessment of the Vunabaka Resort, Malolo Island, Mamanuca Group
- 2006 Coastal Processes Assessment of the Malolo Resort, Malolo Island, Mamanuca Group
- 2005 Coastal Processes Assessment of the proposed Nawi Island Integrated Resort Development, Savusavu
- 2005 Coastal Processes Assessment of the Sonaisali Villas Development, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
- 2005 Coastal Processes Assessment of the Toquru Subdivision, Navua
- 2003 Coastal Processes Assessment of the Nawaci Island Villa Estate, Savusavu.
- 2002 Coastal Processes Assessment of the Taunovo Bay Resort & Residential Development, Deuba
- 2001 Coastal Processes Analysis for the Vuda Marina Extension; Aqua Foods Fiji
- 2001 Coastal Processes Analysis, Pacific Palms Resort, Deuba